This is not a pro SI community, any behaviour that encourages people to hurt themselves will not be tolerated.
This is a place for people to share SI pictures, poetry, stories and art related to their self injury.
There are a few rules, so make sure you read them!!
This is an open community, but you must READ THE RULES and type "New Flesh" in the title bar and fill out the application (underneath the rules), when posting for the first time. This is just a way for us to all get to know one another.
Rules: +no arguing/causing drama, please. Usually a warning will be issued. If it's a constant problem, you'll be given a final warning and then banned if the problem continues after the final warning. However, this is always up to the moderator dealing with the problem and the severity of it. +to go behind LJ-cut: large amounts of text, more than one picture (and anything over 600 pixels wide), or any text that you may feel is "triggering."
LJ cuts work like this: images/text to be cut goes here
If you'd like to customise the cut link, use this code: images/text to be cut goes here
Failure to do this will result in the offending entry being deleted.
Fill this out under an LJ cut (above).
1. Are you:
A. female B. male
2. Sexual Orientation:
A. heterosexual B. gay/lesbian C. bisexual D. asexual
3. Job/School (i.e. high school student, doctor, etc.)
4. How old are you currently?
5. How old were you when you first SI-ed?
6. Why do you SI?
7. What is your main method of SI (cutting, burning, hitting, etc.)? Do you have any others?
8. Do you feel pain when you SI? Or have you dissociated?
9. How do you feel before, during, and after you SI?
10. Do you have any rituals?
11. Have you ever SI-ed in front of anyone? Have you ever been caught?
12. Do you anybody who SI's (friend, family member, etc)? Did they have any influence on your own behavior?
13. How do you hide your SI?
14. Have you ever told anyone you SI? If yes, then who?
15. How did they react and what did you feel?
16. Why did you tell? If you haven't told anyone, why not?
17. Since you've told has living with your SI been easier or more difficult? If you haven't told how do think things would change if you did?
18. Do you want to stop SI-ing? Why?
19. Do you have any coping skills (methods) that help stop you from SI-ing? If so, what are they?
20. Have you ever gotten any medical attention for your injuries? What were the attitudes you encountered from medical professionals?
21. Have you ever gone into therapy to treat your self-injurious behavior? Have you ever gone in-patient at a psychiatric hospital because of your self-injury or for any mental illness that cause you to self-injure?
22. Do you take any medication for your SI or for any mental illness that causes you to self-injure? If yes, which medication?
23. Have you ever been refused therapy or lost a psychologist because of your SI?
24. Do you have any other mental illnesses apart from SI such as: